North Hertfordshire College
The information on this page was last updated on 4 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Welcome to North Hertfordshire College. As a care leaver studying with us, you have access to a range of support and resources in order to maximise your success.
As your dedicated support coach, Lauren is available to help with matters including financial assistance, emotional support and representation at meetings such as PEPs.
Please contact Lauren Bartley, support coach for care leavers, on 01462 424242 extension 1181.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
At North Hertfordshire College we guarantee you the following:
- Separate care leaver enrolment session at which paperwork can be processed discretely.
- £1,200 bursary paid in weekly instalments (subject to good attendance).
- 'Certificate of education' on headed paper for benefit purposes.
- Regular 1:1 support meetings.
- Access to optional counselling.
- Impartial career guidance and progression options.
- Regular communication with your social worker, virtual school and any other professionals.
Sorry, we don't have information about available courses. Visit their website for more details.