Southampton Solent University
The information on this page was last updated on 27 August 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
The university offers an additional £1,500 bursary to care leavers, foyer federation, and those who have lived in supported accommodation.
Priority is given to care leavers when allocating rooms in halls of residence. Students are also offered their own dedicated personal support key, and inclusion in the university 'on-track' scheme.
Course information from Unistats was last updated in August 2018