The information on this page was last updated on 18 March 2022.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
Examples of support we can provide you includes:
Information sessions for carers and young people who are looked after.
One-to-one support and guidance with applications, either over the phone or face-to-face.
Ongoing one-to-one support throughout your studies.
If you are interested in Heriot-Watt University and would like to find out more, you can contact one of the following people:
Suzanne Ewing, (firstname.lastname@example.org) – widening participation officer (specialises in application guidance and pre-entry support).
Emma Smail, (email@example.com) – student induction and transition adviser (specialises in supporting your transition to university, and provides ongoing support throughout your studies).
Angela Milton, (Angela.Milton@hw.ac.uk) – support adviser with the students' union (specialises in ongoing student support and information and guidance).
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
In order to apply, you need to fill in a short application form with a few details about why you are eligible. You can find further details and download an application form at: www.hw.ac.uk/access-bursary.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020