The University of Stirling

Francesca Menoni

Student Adviser (Money, Support Partnerships and International)
01786 466022

The information on this page was last updated on 6 September 2018.

The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.

Anyone with a background in care is given practical support and advice throughout their time at university. This can be anything, including help in filling in your student funding forms before you start applying for funds such as the discretionary fund and childcare support.

You will be put in contact with a money adviser from the first time you contact us, who will also help you to make sure you are accessing all the support you are entitled to.

We can arrange a dedicated visit at any time where you can meet with Tracey, who will then go with you to meet everyone else you need  – money advisers, accommodation, disability and so on.

We can even provide admissions advice if you are not sure about qualifications. Just get in touch and we will do the rest:

Support we offer

  • A named contact
  • Outreach sessions or activities
  • Pre-application help
  • Guidance for offer holders
  • A web page for care leavers
  • Careers advice and support after graduation

Accommodation we offer

  • A place to live all year round
  • If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year

Funding support we offer

  • Specific funding that's just for care leavers
  • Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
  • Support for students seeking asylum
  • Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
  • Financial advice

We offer the following to students with experience of care:

  • 365-day accommodation
  • single point of contact
  • £500 bursary.

138 courses

Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020