Cardiff Metropolitan University
Student Finance and Welfare Adviser
The information on this page was last updated on 6 September 2018.
The details of support available can change, so before you apply it's best to speak to the named contact to check exactly what they offer.
We were awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark in 2009.
Cardiff Met can guarantee year-round accommodation (including holidays) in Cardiff Met halls, for the duration of your course.
There is a lot of support available for you at Cardiff Met, including counselling, disability support, and careers and employability. Your care leaver contact can help direct you to the right support across the university. Any support you may need can be discussed at your pre-entry meeting.
Support we offer?
- A named contact
- Outreach sessions or activities
- Pre-application help
- Guidance for offer holders
- A web page for care leavers
- Careers advice and support after graduation
Accommodation we offer?
- A place to live all year round
- If not, help finding somewhere to live for the whole year
Funding support we offer?
- Specific funding that's just for care leavers
- Additional funding available (such as bursaries and grants)
- Support for students seeking asylum
- Support for those with discretionary leave to remain
- Financial advice
A pre-entry support meeting can be arranged to discuss your situation/what financial support is available.
A care leavers' bursary of £1,000 per year may be available if you meet the criteria, and we will ask you to supply details of your support worker.
If you are struggling financially, we can help you with budgeting advice, and prioritise your application for university hardship funds.
Course information from Discover Uni was last updated in December 2020